Commercialization affects as so much, we sometimes wonder how we could live without products and ads, isn't it? When you have this doubt, do a flash-back. Imagine your parent's life... how they lived and how they brought you up, without any major hiccups.
While women are more conscious about their physical well-being, men are not far behind. The latest skin-whitening cream for men doing well in the market says it all. I always wondered how it will be like to have your face all glowing white when the rest of the body is tan.
Anyway, just like all, even I'm conscious about how I look and it was Typhoid that made me feel the pinch as I heard stories that Typhoid can kiss your hair from your scalp good bye. Sure enough, I did see a few extra hair strands when I was recovering. All throughout my life, I've believed in cleaning hair, at least every 2 days with lukewarm water and keeping it clean. An occasional shampoo once or twice in a fortnight.
With this new fear of losing hair, Hair and Shampoo ads started looking more attractive. Coconut oil or Amla, Rose water or Eggs, I was wondering how I should 'nourish' the hair. Instead of heading to a pharmacist, I chose to visit the Doctor.
What I'm going to describe here might invoke a lot of criticism from the Hair Oil and Hair Care products.
1. Typhoid does cause hair fall but this can be easily controlled by a good diet.
2. Hair is often abused in the name of 'care'. Hair is like any other part of our body and needs nourishment through what goes into the mouth and not what goes onto the hair directly. Else, people would bloat just by applying chicken pieces on their body, lol.
3. Don't complaint that your hair is dry, that is how it is naturally. Nothing wrong with it. Yes, applying a conditioner/gel helps to style but that doesn't do any nourishment and should be restricted to select special events.
4. The focus should be always to keep your scalp and hair clean. Plain water is good and occasional use of Shampoo is also recommended, again not for nourishment but for cleansing.
So, next time buy a Shampoo with eggs, vitamins, proteins, minerals, try making omelets. Remember, what goes into your stomach makes most of the impact to your body. Nutritious food, reasonable amount of physical movement, stress control, etc. all make life more enjoyable, mentally and physically.
No comments:
Post a Comment